Pets At Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets At Home

Post  Ebony&Ivory on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:34 am

Our local Pets At Home had a big 2 page advert in the local paper this week advertising their new vets. They listed prices for neutering all different animals, including ferrets at £40 to spay a jill.
This is considerably cheaper than any other quote i've had locally, with them all being between £60 and £70, but there's something about it being Pets At home thats putting me off and I don't know why.
What would be the best way to find out if they are particularly ferret savvy? Although the fact they are advertising ferret neutering puts them above other local vets as when i've rang up and asked for prices you'd think i'd asked them to spay an elephant by their reactions lol!

Ebony&Ivory

Number of posts : 1969
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Pets At Home

Post  basil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:51 am

Asking to speak to one of their vets might help put your mind at ease.
Has anyone had any experiences of pets at home??
basil.
basil
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Demolitionhick on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Not dealt with pets at home vets but its worth going in and speaking to the people who work there, see what experience they have with ferrets ect
Demolitionhick

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebony&Ivory on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:26 am

Turns out its not pets at home (damn mum telling me wrong Laughing )
They're called easipetcare and are inside just for pets. So going to go down and just speak to them and see what I think.
Also need to take the dog to the local pdsa as it looks like hes got an eye infection, so going to enquire about their prices.

Ebony&Ivory

Number of posts : 1969
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ferretmadlily on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:20 am

Hi I know you've said it wasn't pets at home but I used my local pets at home once cos when I got off holiday the people who were supposed to be looking after my ferrets hadn't noticed one had lost nearly all of its body weight and was fitting so it was an emergency. They didn't seem to know much about ferrets and kept pushing to operate on him. My sister is a veterinary nurse who deals with ferrets all the time and told me what she though it was and said with the weight that he was he wouldn't survive an operation. Also the vets at pets at home have targets they have to meet and put them before the welfare of your pet. This is just my experience of them so others may be better but I'd rather say something then not.

ferretmadlily

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  basil on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:58 am

ferretmadlily wrote:Hi I know you've said it wasn't pets at home but I used my local pets at home once cos when I got off holiday the people who were supposed to be looking after my ferrets hadn't noticed one had lost nearly all of its body weight and was fitting so it was an emergency.  They didn't seem to know much about ferrets and kept pushing to operate on him. My sister is a veterinary nurse who deals with ferrets all the time and told me what she though it was and said with the weight that he was he wouldn't survive an operation.  Also the vets at pets at home have targets they have to meet and put them before the welfare of your pet.  This is just my experience of them so others may be better but I'd rather say something then not.
You are right to speak out, we value all opinions provided they are honest ones.  Very Happy 
I`ve never heard glowing reports about pets at home and we`ve just had one open up in my home town.
Safe to say i`ll have a look but won`t be spending in there.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
basil
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top